Your occlusal guard is a crucial part of your treatment. Listed below are special instructions to ensure that you receive the most benefit from your guard.
- Wear your guard 8-10 hrs daily (too much wear can change your bite) •Always place your guard in its case when not worn
- Rinse and gently clean your guard (Just like teeth, guards can develop plaque buildup if not cleaned properly)
- You can also thoroughly clean your guard by using retainer or denture cleaning tablets
- Always place and remove your guard with your fingers; biting it into position will break the guard
- Sleep with your guard in place. In the morning, gently clean your guard prior to storing it in its case.
- Failing to wear your guard nightly may result in teeth shifting or more stress on your jaw joints, which will require retreatment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions! With your help, we will provide you with a healthy, beautiful smile!!
The Team at Shoe Orthodontics